The dedicted primary PE and Sports Premium funding was introduced in September 2013. The school leadership identify how to allocate the funds in order to maximise the sporting opportunities for our children. A typical primary school with 250 primary-aged pupils this year received £9,250, the equivalent of around 2 days a week of a primary teacher or a coach's time for an academic year - enough to make sure every pupil in the school can do sport with a specialist.
The Sports Premium allocated to Holy Trinity during the academic year 2015/2016 is £8,920. We are using the premium to:
- Invest in quality coaching.
- Provide more opportunities for pupils to take part in inter-school competitions
- Offer a broad range of after school clubs
- Purchase better equipment
- Introduce new and unique sports opportunties for children, e.g. sailing