Volunteering in School
There is a wealth of talent and expertise to be found in our community that could be of enormous benefit to pupils of all ages. If you have some time to spare and would like to help with any of the multitude of activities that take place in our school then we would like to hear from you as soon as possible. Possible areas in which you could help are:
- Assisting with Art and Craft work
- An extra pair of hands during practical and investigative work
- General day to day help with the very youngest children in the school
- Serving school lunches
- Assistance with breakfast club (this would include a place for your child)
- Administrative duties
- Assisting with displays and mounting work
- Hearing individuals or groups of children read
To become a volunteer helper in school please contact the school office by phone or email. It should be noted that extra help is valued throughout the school and that it is not always most appropriate to help in your child’s class.
If you are particularly interested in helping with reading in Key Stage One then you should initially contact the school office.
Our school is committed to safeguarding. All volunteers will be required to have been cleared by the Disclosure Barring Services (DBS), previously known as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).